Woven basket Penelope Blue recycled sail
- Sails collected and recycled in France
- Natural palm leaves woven by hand
- Top part in recycled spinnaker with lace-sliding closure
- Double handles in Italian leather and cotton
- 1 interior zip pocket in spinnaker
- 2 small cord loops suspended inside the bag, one of which with a stainless steel snap hook
- Interchangeable leather number on the outside
- Leather embossed 727 Sailbags logo, sewn with the iconic zigzag stitch
This product is made with spinnaker inserts. Invented in 1937, nylon is the oldest synthetic fiber used in sailcloth. Its lightness, elasticity and resistance make it the ideal material for the spinnaker of sailboats. Usually quite colorfull, the "spinnaker" is easy to spot on sea with its bubble shape at the front of boats sailing downwind.
In our workshop in Lorient, Brittany, we collect sails every day. Through these sails, singular stories of navigations. Each sail has its own story, and you can learn about it on the authentication sheet that you can find on most of our products. By giving a second life to the these sails, we commit for the preservation of the environment. To learn more about the different sails we upcycle, please read the segment about the life cycle of a sail.
Shipping (UPS) :
- Usa : 2-8 business days.
- Canada : 5-10 business days
- Free pick-up in store, Maryland MD | 1 to 3 business days
Return: Products can be returned within 14 days
- For more details on shipping and returns, go to the delivery and return page